Let’s face it. Stuffed cabbage rolls take more time than most of us have on a weekday night. Here’s a way to have the taste of stuffed cabbage rolls without the work. This recipe is gluten-free and you’ll only need one pot.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Yellow bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes ( I used one can of tomatoes and chilies and one can of tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic.
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Seasonings: Use to taste
- Sea salt
- Raw cane sugar or another sweetener
- Apple cider vinegar
- Ground black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
In a large non-stick pan cook ground turkey, onion, bell peppers, and garlic over medium-high heat until done. Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Put the cover on the pan and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.